League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Houston

By Buttcake
11/06/2018 9:51 am
Well, after 3 weeks, I've managed to double Houston's win total from last season. Allow me to pat myself on the back before we lose the next 5 straight.

But a special thanks is due to grandadb for the preseason advice.

Re: Houston

By CooterBrown
11/06/2018 7:11 pm
GrandadB is like a guru here in MFN. And one tough s.o.b. to beat once out of the locker room!

Congrats on the initial success, Bc

By Smirt211
11/08/2018 10:25 am
We need that next-gen of players to keep the game thriving!

By Buttcake
11/08/2018 1:46 pm
Not feeling as froggy after the mauling we got at the hands of Jacksonville. Yikes.

By CooterBrown
11/09/2018 1:49 am
Hey Bc, don't be discouraged. That 1st season is really about "the learning curve". Not just for your team but for you as a coach/owner. It takes time. I musta went until about that 3rd/4th season before I got a decent feel for the game and it's nuances. Gameplanning, roster moves, team building, play selection. ..Really it isn't a quick fix overnite process. So learn, read the forums, and ASK questions!

By greyghost1225
11/10/2018 11:36 am
Buttcake wrote:
Not feeling as froggy after the mauling we got at the hands of Jacksonville. Yikes.

Your team played really well, we are just in a good groove right now. You were awesome in the 2nd half.

By GrandadB
11/11/2018 12:42 am
Another way to decrease the "learning curve" time, is to have more than one team. Unless you are really constrained on time available to play, its a good idea to have 3 teams as you then get comparative results, and 3 X the game experience. I remember thinking how do owners on here handle more than 6 teams, that seemed way out there at the time. Now I have 16 teams, which has maxed me out, lol. I will be cutting back to a much more manageable 10 teams or less. But, having more teams gives you more feedback, more opportunity to experiment, test out new ideas or ones that you find posted in the forums. I have several teams open the Major League, I admin the league and we brought it back from frozen in a hurry. One of the things I like about the league is the non-traditional team names, logos, and colors. I also offer a roster review with suggested immediate changes which you wont get from anyone else. The league also offers the benefits of being an actively managed semi-private league, where questionable trades and actions by an account can be dealt with much more quickly than in a standard public league. We have a real nice group of owners, 9 of which signed up right away on the first issue of invites. Currently the league has 10 open teams, and would like to cut that in half or less asap. We are in the 3rd week of pre-season, good time to pick up a team. Please take a look and pick up a team, you will be glad you did. https://mlf.myfootballnow.com/